- PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
- PROTECTION AND MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
- TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTY
- RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
- CONTACT INFORMATION
Any natural person identified or identifiable by personal data processed by our association through the use of our website. It refers to individuals who can be identified by referencing personal data as described in “D. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA.”
Any information about an identified or identifiable natural person that is processed by our association. This refers to information that can be used to identify an individual as described in “D. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA.”
Any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data, whether or not by automated means.
This refers to operations that include collecting, recording, editing, structuring, storing, modifying or altering, restoring or retrieving, referencing, using, disclosing by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, aligning or combining, restricting, erasing, and destroying.
D. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Our association may process personal data provided directly from data subjects or through our website. The personal data to be processed and the purposes for which they are processed are as follows.
The purpose of processing personal data will always be clearly defined and will never be used for any other purposes.
Personal Data to be Processed
Our association may process the following personal data via e-mail or this website.
Information provided by the data subject
Information regarding name, gender, age and date of birth, home address, e-mail address (personal/business), telephone number (personal/business), organization, position, nature of business, and so forth.
Information automatically collected by using our website
Information about IP addresses, cookies or similar identifiers, geographic location (location information), browser type and version, operating system, access source, visit duration, page views, and so forth.
*For more information on cookies, please refer to “G. COOKIES.”
Information provided by data sources other than the data subject
Our association may receive, process or transfer personal data from third parties other than the data subject. (Third parties include the data subject’s employer, organizations, groups or associations to which the data subject belongs or is enrolled, business partners, family members, and so forth.)
Purpose of Processing Personal Data
Personal data processed by our association will only be processed for the following purposes:
- To provide products or services and information regarding such
- To improve or develop products or services
- To provide information of interests to the data subject
- To carry out the business of our association and operations related thereto, and to ensure business continuity
- To perform analysis for the business of our association
- To analyze the usage of our website
- To inform data subjects about our association’s policies and terms
- To respect the rights of the data subject and obtain his or her consent
- To respond to consultations, inquiries, claims, requests, complaints, and others from data subjects
- For a specific reason as directed by the data subject
If the data subject is under 16 years of age, the personal data will be processed with the consent of the data subject’s parent or guardian.
E. PROTECTION AND MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
Data Protection/Management Policy
Our association believes that it is our responsibility as a legal entity to ensure adequate security in the processing and storage of personal data.
Our association will take appropriate security measures and respond to the risk of leakage, loss, or unauthorized access to personal data with the greatest possible care.
Personal data and databases related to personal data, which are protected and managed by our association, may only be processed or transferred by the following persons with the direct authorization of our association.
- Public organization
- Financial institutions
- Medical institutions
- Officers, advisors, employees, and others belonging to our association
- Other business-related organizations
In addition, we have established a strict control system to prevent unauthorized processing or transfer within the organization.
Duration of Data Protection/Management
Our association retains personal data only for the period necessary to achieve the purposes of processing as described in “D. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA.” Except where the retention of personal data is required by law (or where tax law requires retention for a certain period of time), our association will take measures to erase or anonymize the personal data in a secure manner within a reasonable period of time after the retention period has expired. Data subjects may also request that our association delete or return personal data.
Data Protection/Management Methods and Security Measures
- Personal data and related databases that are protected/managed by our association are stored on terminals and backup media protected by anti-virus software, firewalls and UTM, and on servers with equivalent security measures.
- Our website uses constant SSL encryption for transmission, allowing the processing or transfer of personal data through our website to be handled in a more secure environment.
- Although our association strives to protect personal data by using the above means, it cannot guarantee that personal data will not be compromised, lost, altered, or illegally accessed and so forth.
- Every effort is made to provide the most accurate information on our website at the time of publication. However, please note that our association is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage, or other harm caused by the information provided or the links provided.
F. TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTY
Personal data processed by our association may be processed or transferred to the following third parties when deemed necessary based on the purposes of processing as described in “C. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA.”
- Countries and regions where our association operates
- Countries and regions where our association provides products or services
- Natural persons or legal entities residing in the above, public institutions, financial institutions, medical institutions, subcontractors, and other business-related organizations
Please note that personal data may be transferred to countries or regions that do not meet the personal data protection standards under the GDPR or SCC/SDPC or that are not subject to sufficiency certification.
Data subjects may also choose not to grant permission for the use of some cookies on our website.
What are cookies?
Cookies are pieces of information (small text files) that are placed by the web browser on the computer or other devices of our website users. Our association uses different types of cookies for different purposes.
How are Cookies Used?
It is possible to reject the collecting of traffic data by disabling cookies on the user’s web browser. Please refer to the Google Analytics Terms of Service for more information about these terms.
How to Manage Cookies
Users of our website can select, view or delete cookies used by our website as necessary.
You can select which cookies you would like to use on our website from < Cookie Settings >.
You can view and delete all cookies used on our website through the functionality of the user’s web browser. For details, please refer to the help section of the web browser.
Cookie Retention Period
Our website does not set a definite retention period for cookies.
H. RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
Data subjects have the following rights with respect to the processed personal data and may exercise these rights at any time against our association:
Right of Access
Data subjects may request confirmation from our association as to whether or not personal data has been processed. If the personal data has been processed, a copy of personal data and all the necessary information about the processing may be obtained.
Right of Rectification
Data subjects may request our association to rectify the content of inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
Right to Erasure
Data subjects may request our association to delete personal data. This right also allows for the request for deletion of personal data that our association is processing or protecting/managing without legitimate reason.
Right to Restrict Processing
Data subjects may request our association to restrict the processing or transfer of personal data.
Right to Data Portability
Data subjects may request transfer of personal data processed by our association to the data subject or to a designated third party.
Right to Object
Data subjects may object to our association processing his or her personal data only if the purpose of the processing differs from that specified by our association.
Rights in Relation to Automated Individual Decision-Making, Including Profiling
Data subjects are not subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning his or her personal data or similarly significantly affects him or her.
How to Exercise Your Rights
Data subjects may exercise the above-mentioned rights by contacting the department in charge of these issues.
When our association receives a request for the exercise of the above-mentioned rights, we will contact the data subject within one month of receipt of the request, in principle, after confirming the identity of the data subject, unless it falls under one of the exceptional circumstances stipulated in the GDPR or other regulations.
I. CONTACT INFORMATION
Location: 72-1 Kitagocho Gonoharaotsu, Nichinan City, Miyazaki Prefecture, 899-2402
Email Address: email@example.com
President Seiji Takamine, Nichinan Lumber Business Cooperative Association
Date of Enactment: February 28, 2022
Date of Last Revision: February 28, 2022